The “Stay Small, Stay Safe” initiative by Small Luxury Hotels of the World™ offers enhanced health and detailed safety guidelines for all 520 SLH hotels in 90 countries. With just 50 rooms on average, SLH properties are able to offer secluded, discrete options with the highest safety standards.
In order to safeguard these standards, SLH has entered a partnership with the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) for its hotels to pursue GBAC STAR™ accreditation, which provides third-party validation to ensure hotels have the elevated cleaning protocols, disinfection techniques and work practices in place so guests can truly relax during their stay.
As part of SLH, Casas del XVI is currently seeking GBAC STAR accreditation and is committed to welcome guests on the safest conditions. Here are some of our new COVID-19 measures:
- The check-in and check-out process have been reduced to minimize contact, including contactless payment. Guests may communicate with Concierge 24/7 from their mobile phone via text message or WhatsApp to minimize contact.
- Guests will receive a personal safety kit with masks, hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes. In addition, disinfectant gel and wipes will be available in common areas for all guests.
- Our employees are being screened before entering service, including a temperature check without contact, blood oxygen saturation assessment, and they complete a health statement. Before entering, their shoes are disinfected, and they change clothes into a uniform.
- Upon the arrival, the guests’ temperature will be measured with a digital non-contact thermometer and their luggage will be disinfected before taken to their assigned room and/or house.
- We have provided our employees with personal protective equipment and they change their face masks every 4 hours.
The goal of the “Stay Small, Stay Safe” program is to provide peace of mind for guests as they prepare to travel the world once again. Travelers want the reassurance that where they stay has the highest quality standards of service and health in order to feel safe and be able to enjoy and relax on their much-needed vacation. Consequently, the “Stay Small, Stay Safe” initiative acknowledges their desire to seek intimate hotel experiences with fewer crowds whether it is for a local stay or for longer stays in private or exclusive destinations.
Casas del XVI in turn is now offering a complimentary 3rd night for guests who are looking for a longer stay and find respite in the Colonial City of Santo Domingo. Because to truly get to know a place, you must slow things down and linger a little while. Casas del XVI will give you a free night reflected in the total price on qualifying bookings of 3 nights; the longer you stay, the sooner you’ll want to return. Click here to BOOK